Friday, May 2, 2008

{ friday finds: dollface design }


I happened upon the lovely and lively artwork of Layla from
Dollface Design during a recent stroll through etsy. I just love the perfectly placed crowns and muted tones in her prints which are derived from her original collages.


dollfacemaster

Layla has experimented with printing on a variety of antique substrates. This series is printed on old ledger pages from the late 1800s–thus, the roughness around the edges {literally} and the unique number in each upper right hand corner.

The Dollface Design etsy shop is worth a visit...don't be surprised if you find yourself chuckling at Layla's fun sense of humor {the Blessed Mother of Bon Jovi and Yeah Whatever prints come to mind} and be sure to visit Layla's blog where she posts new editions to her collection first.

6 comments:

Art Kitten said...

Beautiful, I love your finds! I love the little birdie with the crown, how fun!

Anastasia said...

i love her prints - ive been eyeing the birdy one for my family room...really nice!

Lani Robertson said...

I just bought one of her prints the other day, and I LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

How beautiful:) The colors are beautiful - a lovely find:)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing! Have to check her out now ;-)

dollface design said...

thank you so much for featuring my collages and shop in your lovely blog, i appreciate it to bits!!! i am so proud and flattered to be included amongst all your fabulous finds, you have a wonderful eye and i've already found so many new favorites perusing your posts...can't wait to visit you often and see what other wonderful treasures you discover, yay!!!
♥
xo
layla
ps. thanks for all the sweet comments everyone, i appreciate each and every one! ♥

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin