Friday, May 30, 2008

{ no fuss flowers, part deux }




It's been a busy, busy day today, but I wanted to make sure I shared with everyone the beautiful photos I received from a couple of lovely readers who decided to partake in my little no fuss flowers project. I hope you find their creations as clever and inspiring as I do. Oh...and I decided to give it a try myself and have included a couple of those photos as well...enjoy.

Cindy of Quaint Handmade always has something wonderfully creative to offer and her flower arrangements don't disappoint. I love how simple yet distinctive each one is. 

I love her tea tin and filled with fresh herbs




Cindy borrowed this statue from her father-in-law and combined some of his raspberries with her pansies. Isn't it sweet?


Lovely bottles. See more photos in Cindy's flickr stream

Reader Tissy took a different approach and shared special corners of her garden that incorporate vintage and found objects–love it!


 
An antique baby crib now cradling wild strawberry-so cute!


impatiens planted in a darling vintage bucket

And here, dear readers, are my little creations...

IMG_7029
I filled my beloved enamelware matches holder from the Paris flea market with snips from my garden.



IMG_6983
Pieces from my mini milk glass collection dressed up with some of our hydrangeas.

I had so much fun brainstorming for this project and hope we have inspired a few of you to find some hidden treasures that perhaps you can repurpose to show off some sweet Spring blooms. Be sure to check out this article which elaborates on unusual flower-ready vessels. (Thanks again for sharing this article with me Cindy!) 

Have a fabulous weekend everyone and thank you for your generous and thoughtful comments this week. Your visits and notes fill me with joy.

8 comments:

simply seleta said...

Oh my gosh, I love your milk glass collection and that picture is beautiful. My two favs in one picture: hydrangeas and white containers!

Cindy said...

hi suzanne - all of the photos are great and especially love the bed + your photo with your milk glass collection. so pretty.

it was a fun project and made me think about flower arranging beyond the flowers. i also posted about it.

Melissa de la Fuente said...

These are all lovely! So creative and inspiring~ I am so sorry I didn't get my act together in time! Suzanne, you have an amazing eye and your shots are absolutely gorgeous! I love it!
xo
Melissa

Robin said...

Hi Suzanne, I popped over from a mention of your blog on Simply Seleta. I love the hydrangea in milk glass, so simple and so perfect. At my old house I had white peonies and I used to love to put 1 or 2 blooms, with some wild indigo, in a cracked old Blue Willow teapot. I do miss that garden...

Mrs.French said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous post...Such a perfect way to start my week.

Clare Carter said...

just beautiful!I love this-I added it to my flickr favourites : )

Anastasia said...

beautiful images - love the simple displays...just stunning!!!

cassandra said...

the milk glass is so beautiful in that photo! i love the way it glows. and that martha shot - ugh! i kills me how she gets me every time. i wish i had known about the project earlier - i would have participated! that'll teach me not to visit your blog for a couple weeks :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin