Thursday, May 29, 2008

{ thursday things worth a look: paintings by Cori Dantini }


Sometimes I get so excited when I discover a new {to me} artist that I can hardly wait to share their work with you all. Such is the case with artist Cori Dantini, an amazing artistic talent based in Pullman, Washington. 

cordidmaster

Cori's art appeals to me on so many levels–I love the subtle messaging found in each piece and the way in which she combines vintage book elements and painting with her incredible illustrative talents. Cori uses her own custom arsenal of tools to create her one-of-a-kind treasures, including: walnut ink, Japanese pen nibs, golden acrylic paints, watercolor, wax, her sewing machine, and various photoshop textures. I think you'll agree, the result is quite extraordinary.

cordidb
{my personal favorite as am I usually the one sporting the tools in our household}

For those of you who have embarked on art as a full-time career and anyone who dreams of doing so, I encourage you to check out this interview with Cori on Pikaland–it's a great read and includes a fascinating timeline of sorts that paved the way to Cori's success as an artist {including the inspiration behind her trademark style of  incorporating vintage book pages into her art}. 

To see more of Cori's pieces, visit her etsy shop where she sells affordable prints of her original paintings.

7 comments:

ThePeachTree said...

Oh, a new favorite! Isn't Cori's work so delicate and lovely :)

Melissa de la Fuente said...

Oh, yes! I see why...her work is adorable !
I am looking forward to reading the interview and checking out her shop. I am the one usually toting around the tools in my house too! :)
xoxo
Melissa

A Brush with Color said...

Thanks for drawing our attention to her--her work is a delight!

Cindy said...

her work is very beautiful. pretty and cool at the same time.

Art Kitten said...

I love seeing your artist picks, you have such great taste. She has a wonderful style, a mixture of clean lines and texture. Really great work.

Krissy | Paper Schmaper said...

Wow! Such lovely work :)

Mrs.French said...

Oh goodness I love these so very much and I had not heard of her, so thank you so very much!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin