Monday, January 5, 2009

{ resolutions... }

Hi everyone and Happy, Happy New Year! I hope you all had a fabulous holiday. I sure did miss being here, but appreciated the time away and feel refreshed and ready for a new year of inspiration and shared ideas! 


Sale  2009 Polaroid Calendar
Polaroid Photos and 2009 calendar by Alicia Bock. On sale here

It's that time of the year again for resolutions and to-do lists and while I have several need to do resolutions in 2009, there are also several want to do resolutions that I hope to accomplish as well. Do you ever find that the wants tend to become lost in the shuffle as you're addressing the needs throughout the year? I sure do. I'm hoping that by sharing these want resolutions with you all, I'll be a little more accountable and stay the course. So, each day this week, I'm going to share a want resolution here and--I hope--provide a little inspiration along the way. Sound good?

Resolution #1: Spruce up our walls with family photos.
Over the break, I was organizing and cleaning up my computer files and came across so many great family photos from last year. They're just filed away in iphoto folders, collecting proverbial dust. Therefore, I want to do something creative with our family photos in 2009. Ideally, I'd like to organize favorites into photobooks and create a dazzling family photo wall with the best of best. Currently inspired by...


PhotoWallpotbarn

0602_family1.jpg
Photo display ideas from Real Simple found via Apartment Therapy


gasl_family_photos_07
I love this idea via Domino for our back entryway

photowallh.beaut
A display like this found via House Beautiful would work great in our extra long hallway. I also like the mix of oval frames as seen on the back photo wall.

photowallrachel
Rachel's clipboard idea is amazing. I'd like to borrow it and create a revolving photo wall...perhaps in our kitchen.

What do you think? Doable?

17 comments:

Krissy | Paper Schmaper said...

Happy New Year to you!! Wonderful idea and I think I might need to add that to my list of resolutions :)

Helene said...

Happy New Year!

Oh how I love these! All of them!! But my husband would have a fit. it always takes him 5 years to put 2 pictures on the wall!!

BTW, why do I always come here and end up telling you a story?!! I guess you have that affect on people...confession time!

Cindy said...

happy new year! i love this idea, especially those by domino (reads as one big painting) and the clipboards (terrific and easy)!

Melissa de la Fuente said...

happy new year my dear! Totally doable! I love these ideas and can't wait to see what you come up with!
xoxo
Melis

knack said...

happy new year!! Love all the ideas here! xoxo

shanon said...

Oh my gosh! What great inspiration! I love all these ideas. I'm gonna go back through and soak them all in and see what hits me most.

Julia said...

Hello, hello! I love so many of these collections of images. I have to say that the bottom one, with the clipboards is a favorite! I need to go check it out!

Anonymous said...

As a photographer I am all in favour of getting photos up on the wall to be enjoyed instead of languishing in digital land.

Great examples..I especially love the last one - going to try a little permutation of that one myself for an inspiration board.

paula said...

happy 2009! i love a good gallery wall.

Unknown said...

My dream wall installment would have oval frames, rectangular frames, different colours, photos, cross stitch, phrases... the works!!!

girllovesclothes said...

love the clipboard idea.....

please sir said...

Oh I love your spruce up the wall idea - these are great examples!

Unknown said...

I love your blog! First time visiting it. Why haven't I ever seen it sooner since I am doing the blogging thing? I am going to add you to my blgolist. Daisy~

Mrs.French said...

Completely doable...love, love this one. I think it may because this is something I have been meaning to do too...you have done all the leg-work for me! I love your choices here. I can't wait to see the rest of your "want resolutions." I have a feeling they will resonate with me as well.

goodness I have missed you! so happy you are back my dear...xo t

perfect bound said...

arranging wall art is truly an art in and of itself. i love that domino "headboard" of photos. we just moved into a new apartment and i can't wait to get new frames and photos on the walls! great post. and so glad I found your (blog via coco+kelley.)

Alicia said...

Thanks so much for talking about my little calendar!

I just framed 14 of my favorite family photos and added them to the big wall above my desk.
It makes me so happy to look up and see my favorite faces.

It went up much easier than I expected... good luck with yours!

jae said...

Oh yes, very doable. Don't they all look like families you would want to spend time with?

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin