Friday, January 23, 2009

{ friday find: photography by kari herer }


Peony No. 3287

I recently stumbled across photographer 
Kari Herer over on House Martin and since then, I haven't been able to stop thinking about her stunning images.





After spending the better part of an hour browsing her shop, I discovered Kari's equally delightful blog and learned this series of photos was taken after Kari discovered an odd box filled with old silverware in the garage of her new home in Portland, Maine. Don't you love stories like that? I'm swooning over the captured textures and tones in the aged silver.  
Treat yourself to a visit with Kari here and here. Dog lovers won't want to miss this or this.

This weekend, I'm off to the coast with my mom, her sister, and my cousin...a rainy and cold one, but who cares when you're having fun with the girls, right? If I don't make it back here later today, have a wonderful weekend everyone!!! 

12 comments:

Michelle said...

ohohoho, two things I love, vintage flatware and flowers.

Melissa de la Fuente said...

Wow....so gorgeous! I cannot wait to check out her shop...and I hope you have a wonderful weekend my dear! It sounds like so much fun and I still adore how close you are to your mom! Have fun!
xoxo
Melis

Helene said...

Wow! These pics are perfect!
Have a great time with your mom! Mine is coming in March and I just can't wait!!

Cindy said...

her photos are incredibly beautiful! have fun with the girls!

nichole said...

Wow, what a find!

Julia said...

Have a wonderful time, darling! It's always a good time with a whole bunch of girls :)

These photographs are just incredible!

please sir said...

Amazing find - I love that first photo so much!

Anonymous said...

I know someone that would HEART the "Puppy Channel." See you in the AM.

Anonymous said...

These are absolutely gorgeous images...I especially love the old silverware!

Mrs.French said...

oh, oh...another photographer crush....and I owe it all to you...xo t

You Are My Fave said...

That first photo is so stunning. I love it.

Unknown said...

I saw these this week on you are my fave, I think. I love them!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin