Monday, January 26, 2009

{ the charm of carmel }

Happy Monday, I hope you all enjoyed your weekend. I had such a wonderful time away with the girls. It's amazing what a 36 hour escape from reality can do for one's soul...I highly recommend it!  It also doesn't hurt that our travels took us to the quaint coastal town of Carmel-by-the-Sea. Seeing as I can't seem to stop thinking about it this morning, I thought I would share some of its irresistible charm with you all...


The cobblestone streets of its downtown are filled with art galleries, boutiques, and renowned restaurants...

DSCN0931

DSCN0924

DSCN0942

DSCN0945

and not to worry...Carmel also includes some of the essentials...

DSCN0939

Pet-friendly is an understatement....four legged friends are welcomed at nearly every shop with bowls of fresh water and jars of treats...

DSCN0925

DSCN0936

Surrounding the downtown are tree-lined streets with some of the most adorable cottages I've ever seen.

DSCN0955

DSCN0950

DSCN0948

DSCN0956

DSCN0957

DSCN0916

DSCN0915

DSCN0918

As if all that weren't enough, this positively perfect little town is but a few steps from this loveliness...

DSCN0913

DSCN0911

*sigh* 

Is it any wonder why I once again find myself daydreaming about happily ever after by the beach? 

Thank you M & T for inviting us to join you and for sharing in the laughter and reminiscing...can't wait to do it again!

16 comments:

nichole said...

That is truly one of the most magical places I've seen! It's like you grabbed one of those brooms from the second shot and whisked us all away to a charming paradise.

Wow.

Anonymous said...

This place is on my must-visit list. These shots are just lovely! I'm glad you had fun! :)

Cindy said...

oh my goodness! i want to go to san francisco so badly this year and carmel is definitely a place we'd like to visit. your post may just get me to stop procrastinating and over to the travel agent. lovely photos, glad you had fun.

Melissa de la Fuente said...

It IS no wonder! How absolutely charming and beautiful! Thank you for sharing these my friend!
* see you at the barn :)
xo
Melis

shanon said...

I love Carmel so much. I wish I could go every year... and now, after seeing these photos I'm wishing even harder. ; )

mimi charmante said...

I could live there so very easily...
Thank you for sharing!
xo

mcdonaldmargaret said...

thank you for joining us... we had a great time... so much fun to walk with you as you take your photos.. you certaining have an "eye" for things.... we will do it again. m&t...

Anonymous said...

Yes, Suz... we had such a great time. Let's definitely do it again soon!

- "T"

Deniz said...

this is sooo amazing! gasp!
i finally managed to stop by your blog-after twittering with you ;), glad i did
willl be back soon again

Robin said...

Soooo jealous. Carmel is very high on ly list of "places to see asap". And now that I know that there is such a place as "The Tuck Box" I am swooning.

You Are My Fave said...

Ever since I saw a feature on Carmel in Cottage Living I've been dying to go there. It looks so perfect.

paula said...

such a fairy tale. i would love to go, one day...

Michelle Schraudner said...

Oh wow, the cottages are gorgeous. That's on my list of places to travel now.

paperseed said...

I so love Carmel. Ah, the nostalgia...

knack said...

being a california girl ... I have been to carmel , and it is so beautiful! I LOVED seeing these pictures .... it brings back so many memories!

Anonymous said...

Just found you through Twitter and I am loving your blog! And now I totally want to go to Carmel. I am a complete sucker for adorable, funky, vintage cottages.
So fun to find you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin