Thursday, January 15, 2009

{ i heart vintage }

This past weekend I was able to pop over to the Second Sunday Antique Fair with my daughter. My little one loves to play "school" with her friends and I thought it would  be fun to create a mini classroom in her clubhouse--mixing in some vintage school items. As my daughter said, "We scored!" {Do you think I've rubbed off on her a bit?}



Vintage flashcards

P1140009

some of you might remember this little treasure. I've had it in the back of my mind since I passed on it the first time around. I was thrilled to happen upon it again {and at a much more reasonable asking price!}


i heart vintage

vintage camera

...and a petite treat for moi--someone's well loved camera is now my well loved camera, For $4, I couldn't pass it up. I'm anxious to see if it actually works.

Honestly, I'm happy to window shop at this monthly event and often come home without anything. But, I have to admit, that it's also fun to stumble upon a few affordable treasures every now and then.  How about you? Do you enjoy the thrill of the hunt even when you don't find anything special to take home?

13 comments:

Melissa de la Fuente said...

Oh how wonderful! Those are fantastic hun, especially that board! I love it and yes, I am a sucker for the thrill of the hunt! I love it so....
xo
Melis

please sir said...

OH YES - you def. scored big time! LOVE it!

Julia said...

I'm in love with that chalk board and the vocab cards :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh. I am loving every single thing here! You TOTALLY scored!!

mimi charmante said...

I *so* need those flash cards! They would be perfect for my french class - I could put the french translation on the back.
You are a lucky girl!
xo

SARAH said...

I LOVE the hunt. Even if I come home with a single pack of buttons, it's still a thrill. Thanks for the beautiful images.

blue moss said...

you never know what treasure is just around the corner...love the "hunting". since i'm always looking for little jewelry treasures, i usually find something...even if its really small

paula said...

spectacular scores! that chalkboard, wow.

jae said...

The hunt can be the best part. Well, the best part right up until you score as well as you did!

dee said...

Oh my...you did quite well, and that little one of yours is lucky to have a mom that can feed her imagination like this. Can you take ME shopping, Suzanne?!

nichole said...

Those are adorable finds! There is an amazing shop in Montclair, NJ that is chock full of vintage treasures like that. I could spend hours and hours discovering.

Mrs.French said...

she was right you did score...I am dying to find out if that camera works and what type of photos it takes...you have to post! xo t

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Omigosh that chalkboard is amazing, I wish I'd found it!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin