Thursday, June 5, 2008

{ thursday things worth a look: cottage home tour }

Charming California cottage

This is one of my favorite home tours ever. It was featured in Cottage Living a couple of years ago and I have never forgotten it. Do you ever come across home tours that just speak to you immediatelyt? I think because the era of the home (1920s) and architectural style (cottage tudor) is similar to our own little abode, it helped me to see our home's potential and offered an inspiration board, if you will, that I refer back to again and again.  The article is both well loved and well worn so I was thrilled to stumble upon it online. Would you like to take a peek? 

Stylish, kid-friendly living room
The pops of color incorporated into the otherwise neutral palette is one of my favorite elements as is the family friendliness of the home (the owner has two daughters).

Light, breezy kitchen
The kitchen is perfection...I wouldn't change a thing.

Luxurious, but casual, master bedroom
I love the mix of modern with traditional

Diverse dining room furnishings
Have you noticed the natural light thanks to the many french doors and oversized windows throughout the home--beautiful!

You can see additional images from the feature article here. Thank you for indulging me and letting me share some of my home fantasies with you all. I hope you've found something to inspire you as well. 

9 comments:

Krissy | Paper Schmaper said...

I don't think I'd change one thing in the entire house! It's perfect :)

simply seleta said...

Oh my gosh, the bedroom, the dining room. Heart palpitations....

Thanks for sharing this dose of perfectly relaxed and chic style.

Robin said...

A beautiful home, it would be high on my list as well. All the rooms are great but that living room is the best, I wish I could just step through the photo!

Melissa de la Fuente said...

Beautiful..I love the blues and that silver curtain in the bedroom is to die for! :) Wonderful Suzanne!
xo
Melissa

pve design said...

home sweet home!
cottage delight!

Anastasia said...

what a lovely facade...i love Country Living and Country Home mags - some of the homes featured are just gorgeous!!! makes you want to dream of the owning the perfect home!

SimplyGrove said...

Lovely blog! And I really like your header!!

Julia said...

I'm drooling. I'm actually drooling!

Stacy said...

This home looks perfect.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin