Friday, June 27, 2008

{ summer escape }

I am getting ready to dash off to an impromptu weekend away to visit family and friends, but first wanted to tell you all how much fun I've had with you here this week. Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave your thoughtful and generous comments...I've discovered some wonderful new blogs as a result.

I'll leave you with images of this charming, family-friendly summer home in Denmark which looks to be bordered by both the sea and the forest--what a dream escape! 

00014418

A cup of coffee and stack of magazines--I can imagine myself here indefinitely

00014405

00014437

00014433

00014404

00014403
I'm so inspired by the mixed use of colorful, thrifted finds--
both practical and stylish for a worry-free retreat

00014427

00014409
imagine strolling along this path and ending up here...

00014430
*sigh*

Have a wonderful weekend...I look forward to meeting you all back here Monday!

{all images via taverne agency }

11 comments:

Cindy said...

swoon - i totally love it, especially the white painted floors. have a lovely weekend and thank you for creating such a delightful blog and being so supportive of ours.

Krissy | Paper Schmaper said...

what a delightful trip through photos! have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

How lovely!

Julia said...

You should've seen my jaw just drop, swing right open, with amazement and pleasure! These images are almost fairy tale like!

I hope you have a great weekend! Thank you for all the fun this week :)

Melissa de la Fuente said...

Oh my good lord! Absolutely gorgeous! I love this home, that porch is to die for, the white wood floors I love, all of it! Thank you for sharing and thank YOU for making us all feel so welcome over here in your lovely neck of the woods my friend! Have a beautiful weekend and a fun impromptu getaway!
xo
Melissa

simply seleta said...

What an amazing spot! I would love to visit.

Hope your getaway is restful and fun.

Anonymous said...

I hope you are enjoying your weekend with family by now :-)! Love the photos in this post, reminds me of childhood holidays, when we always went to Denmark ;-)

littlebyrd said...

These are so wonderful - every last one of them! That first picture of the porch - how much do I want that? If only I had a porch....Thank you for finding these and posting!

Beata said...

Inspiring in every way...thanks!!

Mrs.French said...

I want to pack up and go here now! That's all!

dee said...

This is one of the prettiest houses I've ever seen...I've literally just spent the last few minutes staring at every last detail of each room! This is definitely my dream home...thanks for sharing :)

And thank you so much for including me in your list of favorite blogs! What a nice surprise that was. I've added you to mine, as well...I'll definitely need to stop by often for images like these :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin