Friday, June 13, 2008

{ back at the ranch: house beautiful home tour }


IMG_7446

We celebrated my little one's last day of 1st grade yesterday...a bittersweet time for this mom as these years seem to be going by much too quickly. That said, I'm thrilled she's out of school for the summer and look forward to some fun in the sun together.
 
I decided to play hookie myself so we could spend today together. I did, however, want to share the simple charm of this ranch cottage featured in the new July issue of House Beautiful. Aptly described as a sleep away camp for grown-ups, the ranch sits smack dab in the middle of the Napa Valley wine country and features the original 1940 rancher's cottage--which has been completely refurbished--as well as some surprise gems which are pictured below. 
Enjoy...

IMG_7453
I love the cozy feel of the black and white ticking and splashes of red throughout the home

IMG_7443
rustic sophistication

IMG_7452

IMG_7449
The owners added a screened in porch to the front of the house, 
significantly extending the living space.

IMG_7434
Remind me not to pass up those rusty gliders I always see at the antique markets-so charming here

IMG_7431
A new barn was built by the current owners and 
is now used for inspired entertaining

IMG_7422
Two tent cabins on the property sit atop an oak knoll and overlook the valley beneath. Don't you just want to crawl inside this lovely feather bed?

I know I'm always going on and on about my dream of someday owning a cottage by the beach. But, I'm thinking a cottage in the middle of the gorgeous Napa Valley wine country wouldn't be bad either. 

Thank you for stopping by and saying hi this week. Words can not express how much I've enjoyed all of your comments and following your links to new (to me) blogs. Have a wonderful weekend!!! I will catch up with you all on Monday.

{All images taken by me via the current issue of House Beautiful. Original photography by Victoria Pearson}

6 comments:

Mrs.French said...

perfectly small. Oh how I want a cottage get-away. This one would suit me just fine.

littlebyrd said...

It looks wonderful! I love the description of a sleep away camp for adults - that sounds fun!

Melissa de la Fuente said...

First of all, congratulations to the little one on her last day of 1st grade! My little one is about to finish 1st grade too! (sniff) This house is adorable! Now, I am on a quest to find doggie andirons like the ones here and I adore the bed, the barn and all of it! Have a lovely weekend Suzanne!
xo
Melissa

Suzanne : : S.HOPtalk said...

Melissa:

Have fun with your last days of first grade. There is something a little sad about them moving on to second--such big girls. ;)

The dog andirons pictured are from LL Bean. Have a great weekend.

Robin said...

I love the tent-cottages, there is something so elegant about "camping" in a real bed. And the dog andirons are great - I have cat ones with amber marble eyes that glow when the fire is lit. Except there is no fireplace in this apartment and so they are in storage!

simply seleta said...

I'll take the sofa with nailheads and zebra ottoman please. Oh, heck, just give it all to me.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin