Tuesday, June 24, 2008

{ sew inspiring }




This sweet skirt and tutorial took me right back to my 7th grade home economics class--even the fabric is similar to the one I made. If I could, I'd create one of these little lovelies for every day of the week.

Cute top + simple wrap skirt = the perfect summer uniform.

Alas, I've since lost what minimal sewing knowledge I had back then. One of my summer goals, however, is to get off my bum and try my hand at some simple projects using this. In preparation, I've been stalking a handful of sewing blogs and have been drooling over the inspiration found on this week's featured blog--Spool--including this amazing bird mobile

Bird Mobile

So many possibilities...a baby nursery, a playroom, or your craft room (what a great way to repurpose and show off cute, leftover fabric scraps).

Three Little Birds

The birds can be handsewn using this free pattern. Create a batch for baby shower favors or stuff them with a dense filler to make some adorable book-ends. And if you're really feeling ambitious, grab a few branches and some eye-hooks and create your very own custom mobile.

Do any of you readers have a favorite sewing blog/site...I'd love for you to share it with us.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for including us on your gorgeous website. I'm so glad you like what we've been doing! Now that I know about you, I will be checking back often!

Melissa de la Fuente said...

Oh my...oh my...bestill my heart! I adore that sweet mobile! Dare I attempt to make it as I know hardly any sewing at all? What lovely finds Suzanne! You go on with your bad self and make a skirt! :) I want to see it when you are finished(no pressure!) :)
xo
Melissa

Robin said...

Love the skirt, very cute. And of course I love the birds, I need to sew myself a whole flock of them!

One of my favorite sewing blogs is A Dress A Day, you can find it at http://www.dressaday.com/dressaday.html

simply seleta said...

Sew loving this....and sooo wishing I could sew!!!

Anonymous said...

Ahh thank you! I want to make that skirt now, and I looove the birds! Super cute!

littlebyrd said...

Love a wrap skirt! I have a great pattern from the 70's that is a reversible one - fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Hi! What a fabulous blog you have here! Thanks for sharing.

I was wondering if you might have that pattern to make the bird mobile...it seems the link has expired or has been taken down. I am about to be a first time mommy and have been trying to figure out how I can make a little nursery look cute when there's no real room in the budget for it. Thanks! You can email me at info@stacieddy.com.

All the best,

Staci

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin