Monday, July 28, 2008

{ the magic of memories... }

Some of my favorite childhood memories are of carefree summer days spent visiting my grandparents during their annual summer retreat to Twain Harte. It was there that they could escape the legendary San Francisco fog that engulfed their home each summer and indulge in a little sunshine and warm weather. 

IMG_9000
A snap I took of the Twain Harte home where my  grandparents spent many of their summers

It's been years since I've been back, so I was thrilled to find it well preserved and nearly exactly as I remember it -- quaint, peaceful, and low-key. Perhaps it was reconnecting with family and experiencing these cherished memories again through my daughter's eyes that made it all the more magical this time around. 

IMG_9016

IMG_8926 by you.

IMG_8904 by you.
The next generation of memory makers

My two best buddies

IMG_9052
IMG_9079

This just might be a new summer tradition...

{ thank you again for including us Maggie! }

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post, Suzie. Makes me want to go back! I am so glad you guys came. We have to do it again soon. Love, Tori

mcdonaldmargaret said...

pictures are worth a thousand words, how precious "family time" is. thank you so much for joining us. maggie

Melissa de la Fuente said...

Oh, wow! These are so incredible Suzanne! I adore your little one, she is so beautiful and sweet! How wonderful that it was like you remembered? AND a slide into the lake? Awesome! Also, how dear and special that you list your daughter and mom(I am assuming that is your mom) as your two best buddies. I love that. Thank you for sharing it with us!
xo
Melissa

Cindy said...

oh wow - that looks like a wonderful place; i love the house and the dock with the slide. your daughter is such a beauty. looks like you guys had a wonderful time and are likely to call "do-over" in the future.

Suzanne : : S.HOPtalk said...

Maggie and Tori: Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. We had so much fun spending time and catching up with you. When is our next road trip. :)

Meaghan said...

What beautiful photos. Memory makers indeed. Thanks for sharing these moments.

Julia said...

I am grinning from ear to ear! This is such a perfect example of what summer get-aways should be! Summery, fun, and care-free! I love the piggy-back rides!

littlebyrd said...

These pcitures are wonderful! I love them! That one of the slide into the lake looks right up my alley - how fun!

Anonymous said...

i love the pictues! I especially love the picture of your little one jumping off the swing! fabulous.

dee said...

What a sweet post! This really brought me back to my own childhood memories:)

PS Your daughter's darling!

Learning Spanish at 41 said...

Love the place, your photos are great...thanks for sharing with us. :-)

Anastasia said...

so wonderful - happy photos and lovely to be amongst loved ones enjoying life and great weather!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin