Thursday, March 6, 2008

{ the thrill of the hunt }


Well I have finally managed to upload some of my photos from the weekend. The three of us had a splendid time doing what we love...hunting for treasures. Little one managed to hang in there for two days of thrifting and antiquing { and was able to score another vintage Peter Pan book }.


A few snaps from our two days by the Bay...


I hadn't been to the Alameda Point Antiques & Collectibles Fair in a few years, and I must say, it really is an incredible, incredible vintage marketplace. If you're on the West Coast, or planning a visit, it's truly worth a stop. We also had fun at the Oakland Museum's annual White Elephant Sale–we really had to hunt for the vintage goodies, but there were some nice bargains. (Note for next year: plan a visit on Sunday morning when everything gets marked down an additional 50%).

I thought you might like a sneak peek at a few of my simple little finds...

vintage desert plate


sewing notions: vintage organizer, needle book 
& miniature tape measure (from 'West Germany')


vintage milk glass sugar and creamer set

Do you have anything special that you like to collect? Do tell... or better yet, include links to photos of your collections in the comments. Lately, I've been obsessed with vintage bowls with aqua colored accents. (Pyrex & Fire-King)...to be shared at a later date.




6 comments:

Melissa de la Fuente said...

Oh...those are lovely. I love the little vintage plate and the milk glass particularly. I do seem to be collecting lately....mushrooms and deer.Hmmm..woodsy!
Thanks for sharing!
xo
Melissa

Suzanne : : S.HOPtalk said...

Melissa:

The deer sound especially fun! I love the little deer planters.

~suzanne

Anonymous said...

Love the milk glass! What a great place!

Melissa de la Fuente said...

Me too Suzanne! deer planters, deer photos, old deer, new deer....deer me!
:)
xo
Melissa

Suzanne : : S.HOPtalk said...

Benita:

I think milk glass might be another new obsession of mine. I recently found 4 little ice cream dishes as well.

Anastasia said...

What FAB finds - that dessert plate is just beautiful!!! i love flea markets too...and never knowing what you're going to find is exciting!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin