Thursday, March 13, 2008

{ the constant gatherer: katie runnels }




I first heard about the fabulous Katie Runnels through my recent interview with Danielle Thompson, who mentioned Katie's inspiring blog, The Constant Gatherer. Katie and I then connected through flickr, which is where I was able to take a sneak peek of her latest mixed media work, Purely Decorative–currently being featured on shopscad { where Katie is the featured artist for March }.





When discussing the inspiration behind much of her artwork, Katie notes being surrounded by the decorative and artistic talents of her mother throughout her childhood. She also recalls the handicrafts of her grandmothers–both avid bird enthusiasts who passed along some of their collections to Katie.

Pictured above is a 1930s collage by Katie's great-grandmother–
a treasured keepsake in Katie's personal collections

You can see the breadth of Katie's creativity and talent by also looking at some of her past offerings. Some of my favorites are these little belljar scenes she creates.




To see more of Katie's work, visit shopscad, where Katie's art is being featured through the end of the month. For a glimpse at some of Katie's personal collections, check out her recent 'collecting' feature on Poppytalk. Keep posted on her new releases and enjoy a daily dose of inspiration and great finds through her fabulous blog, The Constant Gatherer.

Thank you Katie for graciously sharing your wonderful works of art with us! 

4 comments:

Melissa de la Fuente said...

Oh! I love Katie's work! When I started reading this post I didn't realize she was the lovely artist behind those fabulous bell jars. I LOVE those, and have had them on my favorites for awhile now. I am looking forward to checking out her other sites as well. Thank you for featuring her.
xo
Melissa

Suzanne : : S.HOPtalk said...

Melissa:

The deer bell jar is calling your name! :)

Melissa de la Fuente said...

For sure! :)
xo
Melissa

Anonymous said...

You have sooo many gorgous finds on your blog! I hope you do not mind linking to you?! :-)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin