Tuesday, March 25, 2008

{ tempting me tuesday: gorgeous paintings by Paris Gerrard }


Currently taking delight in the beautiful and captivating paintings of this talented, young artist,
Paris Gerrard



A self-described art nerd, Paris grew up in a family of artists and recalls expressing herself through art since early childhood. Fresh, passionate and well spoken, Paris currently lives in Salt Lake City, Utah where she shares studio space with her mother, Jill Barton–also an amazingly gifted artist.





Sophisticated without being stuffy, Paris' paintings have a fun, lighthearted essence–capturing the splendor of simple pleasures and everyday objects.  I'm hoping she will continue with her bicycle series of paintings–alas, the two pictured above have already sold. { I've started saving my pennies just in case }.



You can learn more about Paris and the inspiration behind her paintings by taking a stroll over to the ever so lovely blog, Black Eiffel, where Paris is this week's guest blogger. For purchase inquiries and to view more of her paintings, visit her website

{ all images borrowed from the Paris Gerrard site }

9 comments:

/// said...

Oh my, oh my, oh my!

Unknown said...

These are so beautiful....
xo
Melissa

Art Kitten said...

These are wonderful, I especially like the last one, the feet say so much about what the person is thinking about at that moment.

Suzanne : : S.HOPtalk said...

Thanks gals..aren't they great? It sounds like Paris has some new paintings in the works...can't wait.

Art Kitten: So true about the feet. I just love the toes turned in!

Cara Carmina said...

Hello, I saw you at Etsy and following your orders I leave you here my shop *I'm a children illustrator and painter* and my blog...

The shop has some of my images turned into cards... check out my collage dolls!!!! I love them! and my blog is about children illustration...

www.caracarmina.etsy.com
www.caracarmina.blogspot.com

btw I really like your blog... I'll come back, good info!

thanks!

Julia said...

Yes! These are wonderful :) Thank you so much for the introduction!

Amy Bell said...

I went on your blog today and all the color made me so happy! Love it...Just amazing and so gorgeous!!! WOW....

Anonymous said...

So beautiful! I'd love the last on on my wall! I have to check ut this artist! :-)

Anonymous said...

Wow! She is so talented and beautiful too. I love the two blue face girls on her site. Her mom's work is amazingly fantastic too. It must run in the genes.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin