Friday, March 21, 2008

{ friday fun: Easter memories }


Who do you suppose is pictured here in 
her finest ~1970s~ Easter frockery?


Gathering goodies for my daughter's Easter basket yesterday had me reminiscing about my own childhood Easters–always a favorite holiday of mine. I just loved waking up to that basket of surprises beside my bed in the morning. 

Another Easter..sporting a stylin' new 'do'
{ gosh, I loved that straw purse! }

What struck me, as I recalled my beloved Easter basket treats, was that none of them required batteries, electricity, logins, or passwords–goodness gracious, how did we ever survive? At the risk of dating myself, those were the days when we were {ahem} encouraged to take our new loot and play outside with our neighborhood buddies–and we had a blast!

I thought it would be fun to share some of my favorite Easter treats from the past with you all. Do you recognize any?

Easter memories

Click here to enlarge photo

Clockwise from upper left corner:
5. See's Chocolate bunny 6. Bunny Pez (of course!)  
10. Peeps  11. Silly Putty   12. Jump rope
 
Memories of these simple pleasures have inspired the surprises my daughter will find in her own Easter basket this year--I can't wait to share in some retro playtime together.

May you all find joy in your own simple pleasures this weekend 
as you celebrate the blessings of Spring!

A special note to welcome all of the new visitors who stopped by this week and to thank everyone for the many sweet and thoughtful comments-they really, truly, sincerely make my day and it thrills me that you continue to stop by my little corner of the world.

9 comments:

Melissa de la Fuente said...

Oh wow! Easter memories! I think we might be of the same era and how adorable are you in your photos!! So great! Also, thank YOU for sharing your lovely corner of the world with us. Have a lovely weekend with your little one!
Yay! Spring!
xo
Melissa

Anastasia said...

FAB pictures! its so nice to dress up for special occasions - i love the Maxi dress! gorgeous!!
have a wonderful Easter!

Suzanne : : S.HOPtalk said...

Thanks friends..smiling over here. I'm so glad you can appreciate my fashion sense.

Have a splendid weekend with your little bunnies.

~suz

Opa said...

Remember the colored scripto pencil with eraser and the Lifesaver books?

Tissy (via Opa)

Suzanne : : S.HOPtalk said...

Tissy:

How could I forget the scripto pencil? Definitely a favorite...I still remember the red one. Lifesaver books--another favorite. I think those were saved for our stockings. :)

Anonymous said...

Sooo cute those pictures! That must be an American traditiong right? Never seen the "easter dress up" done here ;-) Love it!

Art Kitten said...

So cute!!! Oh how I loved getting slinky's, until they got all tangled up :(

Happy Easter!

Suzanne : : S.HOPtalk said...

Hi M&CO:
Yes, It's a big tradition here to dress up on Easter-especially little girls who often also wear a lovely little Easter bonnet.

Art Kitten:
The dreaded slinky tangles...I don't think any of my slinkies lasted beyond a week before getting all tangled up. ;)

Happy Easter to you both!

Alya said...

so cute! the pictures r lovely! we dont celebrate Easter in my country, but we have similar candy and chocolate filled celebrations. They're always great memories.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin