Monday, May 11, 2009

{ makeover monday... }

I'm bursting with daughterly pride today and just have to share it with you all. My mom has been dying to remodel her master bath ever since moving into their house a few years ago. The original 1980s, "model home" vibe just wasn't doing it for her. I haven't been able to see it in person yet, so she sent some sneak peek pics to me last night.

remodelm

To keep the project budget friendly, my mom decided against completely gutting the space. The existing tile floors stayed and instead of replacing the vanity, she had the cabinets painted and refinished. This freed up her budget for new tile, a granite countertop, light fixtures, and mirrors.


remodel
remodelb
AFTER...I love the magic of paint.

remodeld


remodelc
remodelg
Doesn't it look great?

Mom...you've always inspired me and you continue to do so. I love you and your new green bathroom. xxoo

P.S. Steve...I know you're the unsung hero who tied up all the loose ends while dealing with our beloved perfectionist--props to you too. :)

12 comments:

dee said...

Gasp! I love a good makeover! She did a GREAT job:) My mom just redid her kitchen recently, too. I haven't seen it yet but am so excited to. She's in a similar boat...hasn't remodeled since she bought the place 14 years ago. Your mom should be really proud of her work!

Cindy said...

your mom did a great job renovating. the color palette is wonderful and i love the window. if she'd like to do it again, she's welcome at our place anytime ;).

paula said...

How beautiful! Love the sinks.

Tara said...

Wow, now that is a great bathroom! Love the colors and I also love what a little paint can do! Thank for sharing...so lovely!

Melissa de la Fuente said...

Oh my goodness! Your mom did such a fantastic job! Now I know where you get your amazing taste from my friend! So great.....I do love the magic of paint as well! YAY! For paint!
xo
Melis

Mrs.French said...

the apple doesn't fall far...so, so pretty! I can see why you are so proud! xo t

Julia said...

Oh my goodness! What a beautiful transformation!

Anonymous said...

Thank you everyone for your lovely comments. Thank you Suz for surprising us! I may even be inspired to take on the spare bedroom. Hmmm.

Mama

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

WOW....what a difference! It looks alot like my master bath...everything in same position too! : ))


Jen Ramos
'Cards & Prints You'll Love...'
www.madebygirl.com
madebygirl.blogspot.com

Erin said...

Wowwwwwww! Lovin the pistachio/lime green and bold black. What a difference it makes. Bravo!

Bonbon Oiseau said...

NICE WORK!! WOW! Can you tell I'm impressed by all the capital letters? you are a great daughter...can you come over here now please?

Unknown said...

beautiful! they did a wonderful job. I love the way it came out.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin