Monday, February 25, 2008

{ spring into action }


So, I followed my own advice and ventured out to Trader Joe's yesterday–in the midst of a huge downpour–to buy a little Spring cheer for our home. TJ's has the best deals on flowers.

This is in a corner in our living room. The 'vase' was my great grandmother's (I believe) silver teapot. It's true, I do need pick up some silver polish...but for now, I rather like the unpolished texture of this lovely little hand-me-down.


Here is a little bunch I created for my daughter's room. This is where I'm able to indulge my love of pink–a sharp contrast from the rest of our home. 

One of my goals this year is to improve my (er, acquire) photography skills. I'd like to take some classes eventually, but am more or less just experimenting and picking up a pointer or two online when I'm able. 


I can think of about a thousand things I would do differently with both of my shots–if I were to do them over–but I'm resisting the urge to obsess, and instead, just do it!  It's fun to test the limits of my little point and shoot Canon PowerShot.

Sharing of any and all photography tips & tricks is greatly appreciated....
Happy Monday!

3 comments:

Melissa de la Fuente said...

What a lovely shot of the flowers for your daugther's room, I added it to my flickr faves! So sweet....lovely colors.
xo
Melissa

Suzanne : : S.HOPtalk said...

As always, thank you for your kind words Melissa! So thrilled you like the photo.

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

What a beautiful post! Thanks for linking it to the Spring Fluffing post. I love Trader Joe's flowers! Aren't they the best place to pick up some spring cheer? Your teapot is lovely too. I never polish my silver.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin