Friday, January 11, 2008

{ whistle while you work }

My favorite place

Visions of a home office makeover have been dancing in my head since the start of the New Year. I can hardly wait...we inherited an ideal work space-a detached studio off of our backyard-when we purchased our home 2 years ago and...it's ALL MiNe! I half expected hubby to realize what a gem it is and swoop in and take it over for himself. Nope. No interest. So it's just sitting there waiting for me to do my thing. But where to start? Do you find the endless possibilities of starting with a blank slate overwhelming too? In my quest for inspiration, I've come across some truly talented artists and designers with a knack for creating home studio and office spaces that are intriguing works of art in themselves.  Take a peek...


First up is the sunny home studio of Sharilyn Wright, creator of Lovely Design. I adore the charming school room feel of the colors and furnishings she's selected. (thanks again Cindy for alerting me to this wonderful space)



What a find...this vintage metal cabinet was rescued by Sharilyn from 
an alley and then repurposed into a nook that houses the delicious 
paper samples she uses to create her wildly popular paper goods.


Next, Cindy from Bluerose Design, treats us to this cheerful workspace she's created in her home.

Don't you just want to eat the yummy Benjamin Moore, Marshmallow Bunny wall color?  
The inspiration board was handmade by Cindy for her husband. You can grab a 
similar style wall pocket for yourself, by visiting Sally Shim's etsy shop


Personal, vintage details add to the charm of this creative space.



A visual merchandiser by day, Benita Larsson has a keen eye for great design which she's extended to her exquisitely edited home space in Stockholm, Sweden. 

Many of the creative storage solutions throughout her home are custom creations made by Benita and her hubby. Treat yourself to a tour of her fabulously organized home here.


Do you have a resource or inspiring workspace you'd like to share with us? If so, leave a comment and share your style secerets. In the meantime, I'll be digging into my new project. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for including me and your kind words! I'm a big fan of Sharilyn and Benita's studio looks wonderful, too.

I'm looking forward to what you do with your studio - swoon - to have such a space. Have fun!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin