Thursday, January 17, 2008

{ T is for Thursday... }

Treasured Finds

When I unpacked this adored vintage print that my mom recently handed down to me, and studied its sweet sentiment, I started fantasizing about a simple life – one in which Thursdays could be set aside for baking or, perhaps, Mondays would be reserved for laundry. Around here, things typically get done when they get done. However, in my desire to create balance and a more simplified life, I'm finding the idea of a few established routines rather appealing. I don't anticipate ever embracing a rigidly scheduled lifestyle, but I like the idea of creating some simple routines that become the foundation for cherished traditions down the road. Perhaps someday, my family and I will look back and fondly remember the scent of fresh baked goodies in our home on Thursday afternoons. A girl can dream...

Do you have any favorite family routines, traditions or rituals? Do tell...

2 comments:

Tissy said...

Suz:

I love signing on each day and seeing what's up. I saw another entry that I hadn't seen before...the Sanrio piece and the trip to SF. Keep up the great work. I'm hooked!!

Samantha Caffee said...

Love that mixing bowl! I have one like it.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin