Tuesday, September 1, 2009

{these are the days }


Good morning all. It's so good to be back here with you after our incredible week away in Washington D.C. 

Newtome

newtomeb

inspiredby-e

I love, love, love these gorgeous photos by new {to me} photographer, Alice Gao. I'm especially drawn to these images now because they seem to savor the final fleeting moments of carefree summer days--something which I, too, am trying to do.  Next week, it's back-to-school for my little one...always bittersweet for me. Sleeping in, family movie nights on a (gasp!) weeknight, and our girly-girl road trips will give way to the morning rush, homework, and soccer games. All good, just not so carefree *sigh*.

I look forward to catching up on your lovely blogs this week--thanks for your patience as I acclimate back to reality and try to make headway on my massive post vacation to-do list. 

You can purchase photography prints from Alice Gao via her lovely etsy shop.
Don't miss her gorgeous flickr stream.

4 comments:

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

Nice to have you back Suzanne!

I'm with you...trying to savor all of summer's last days of goodness!

Lovely photos!

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

love these photos, welcome back!!

Julia said...

Oh how I know the feeling--not because of my own little one *sighs, someday* but because that's how I feel right now, that carefree-ness is gone, except for the weekends!

We'll be anxious to hear about the acclimation!

Mrs.French said...

they really are stunning...thanks for the info my dear...xo t

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin