Wednesday, August 26, 2009

{ america the beautiful }

Popping in quickly to say "hi". We've spent the last couple of days reveling in our nation's capital and its incredible beauty. I'm in awe of how much there is to see, do, and learn here--I think every American, if not everyone, owes it to themselves to visit Washington D.C. at some point in their life. 

DSC03884

This photo was taken last night at the entrance to the World War II Memorial which sits at one end of the reflecting pool, opposite the Lincoln Memorial (which you can see in the distance). We spent about 30 minutes taking in its stunning beauty and reflecting upon the sacrifices endured during this period of history to give us the freedom and opportunities we enjoy today. 


Amazing Experience

We then walked along the reflecting pool to the Lincoln Memorial, which is nothing short of awe inspiring at night. It was a powerful and moving experience and all the more memorable sharing it with a few of my favorite peeps. 

I'm off now to take in as many sights as possible over the next couple of days--I hope my feet hold out. I miss you all and will be back soon...

5 comments:

Julia said...

It looks like a very filled time in DC--filled with history, splendor and thankfulness :)

Anastasia said...

lovely! i'll be there in about 2wks time...doing 2quick days in DC and the rest of our time in NYC - cant wait!

Kasey said...

I am wanting to take my kids there next summer.
xo

Melissa de la Fuente said...

I am so glad you are having such a great time hun! We miss you too but, will be here when you get back! :)
xo
Melis

simplesong said...

lovely photos! hope you're having a great time in my hometown!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin