Monday, September 14, 2009

{ a welcome change of seasons (finally!) }


paleandinteresting

If you've stopped by here over the last couple of weeks, you know that I've been holding on to summer with every ounce of strength I have. This weekend, however, I had a glimpse of good things to come...cooler temps, beautiful, cloudy skies, and even a bit of rain. Soon, I found myself hankering for sweaters, apple picking, and homemade soup. It's always about this time that I start nesting again, turning my attention from outdoor activities and travel to creating coziness and comfort at home. My mantra this Fall and Winter....simplify--which I think is exemplified perfectly in these gorgeous images by Atlanta Bartlett. Be sure to check out her online boutique, Pale and Interesting, too.

8 comments:

Melissa de la Fuente said...

Yes, for sure! These are perfect for cosy simplification!
xo
Melis
ps I am glad you found some heavenly time with your little one and I hope you have a great week too darling Suzanne!

paula said...

such gorgeous interiors. I feel as if I am always trying to simplify.

knack said...

love her work and her styling.........

....and I'm ready for fall and soup and sweaters and hoodies and hot drinks too....:)

simplesong said...

i've been totally hanging on to summer too! but LOVE your mantra. i might take that on too!

Cindy said...

i'm still hanging on a bit for indian summer. simplify works for me!

Julia said...

I'm looking forward to the cooler temperatures--finally being able to wear my new clogs without my feet screaming at me would be divine! I love this beautiful collage. I think being able to "simplify" would be key to my fall as well!

nichole said...

Me too! I've switched from light, fragrant candles to spicier versions, I pulled out the sweaters, and I'm looking around the house planning to cozy it up!

I love this time of year, and though we'll be traveling quite a bit, I love to just be at home.

Robin said...

I am NOT ready for summer to be over!

But I do love that chandelier.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin