Monday, February 16, 2009

{ makeover monday }

Happy Monday everyone! I hope you had a restful and rejuvenating weekend. I spent much of it catching up on post vacation chores...unpacking, laundry, and sorting through piles of unopened mail. Our holiday away exceeded all expectations--the perfect mix of relaxation and adventure--I hope to share some photos with you all later in the week.  


This is the way we wash our clothes...

I am beyond grateful for the thought and care that went into each of the guest posts last week. I consider myself lucky to have *met* such an amazing and inspiring group of imaginary friends {a favorite phrase coined by clever Karey} and appreciate my regular readers stopping by and making our guests feel so welcome. From the bottom of my heart...thank you!

It's a holiday here in the U.S. and a rainy one at that--a perfect project kind of day. For this week's Makeover Monday I thought I'd share some quick and easy ideas that can instantly freshen your space  Ready? Let's go...

Coral your Collections

countryhomeblue

makeovermondayf
images via country home magazine

Make your collectibles display worthy--gather your favorites, find a fresh spot, and show them off en masse.

Deck your walls

countryhome

Use your digital camera to create your own artwork. This idea, found via Country Home magazine, uses a close-up photo taken of a lace doily which was then enlarged and printed on to a canvas via a service like simplycanvas.com. Mrs. French did something similar in her dining room with stunning results.

Scatter joy

debireloarb
image via debi treloar

Small groupings of posies scattered throughout your home provide an instant pick-me-up. Choose interesting, unexpected vessels for added impact.

Embrace the power of paint

makeovermondayd

makeovermondayc

At the risk of repeating myself again and again...making over one piece of furniture can transform the look and feel of your whole room. Visit Barb's space for some inspired ideas and tips.

That's it for today my friends...the to-do list is growing by the minute. I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of things and discovering what's been going on in your corners of the world. Thank you again for your kind thoughts and well wishes last week. xo ~Suzanne

8 comments:

please sir said...

So glad you had fun! I love the dresser makeover - what a great color too!

Arlynn said...

I love the idea of pulling together all of my collected items! What a great way to change things up & add a bit of drama?!?

Good luck getting back into the swing - it's taken me three weeks : )

Melissa de la Fuente said...

What fantastic idea my dear! I do love the scattering of joy, and the power of paint! Too true, too true...
(ooh, and of course the photo to canvas idea, it is so wonderful) Have a terrific monday my friend, so happy you are back!
xo
Melis
ps what a wonderful photo you took below as well, I adore it!

Cindy said...

welcome back, suzanne! i love the doily canvas. it's got me thinkin'.

Mrs.French said...

Yay! I had so much fun...but I missed you! I love this post....I need to paint everything in my house and I am a huge fan of the photo idea, one of the best things I have ever done around here...thanks for the linkage my dear...and I can't wait to see your photos...xo t

nichole said...

I want to be the kind of person that can makeover furniture! Sadly, I don't think I could pull it off.

Anonymous said...

Who knew that country living had such great stuff? The photo of that red couch with all the pillows is totally killing me---so wonderful!

Julia said...

So much to drool and ooh and ahh over! I love that green chest at the bottom :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin