Monday, February 23, 2009

{ makeover monday with designer eddie ross }

I've been glued to Eddie Ross' design site since discovering it recently over on Simply Seleta.  I love his practical, DIY design advice. Over the weekend, I came across Eddie's fabulous before and after butler's pantry and just had to share it with you all as it combines two of the ideas we talked about in last week's Monday Makeover post--the magic of paint and using your collectibles to create drool worthy displays.


He recently moved into a farmhouse in the country and has already started in with some projects. I can't wait to watch the transformation of his new {old} place. This photo shows the before of this little room just off of his kitchen.

11DriftwaysButlers

Yikes, right? Nothing a little paint and some sweat equity can't solve...

EddiePainting2

The back of the closet and new full length shelves were painted in Benjamin Moore's Convington Blue, giving the room a built-in look at a fraction of the cost.

ButlersPantryEmpty

Then Eddie went to work on displaying his amazing collection of finds. If you look closely, you'll see storage drawers purchased at the Container Store and Ikea, which were then painted in the same blue--creating an added custom touch.

ButlersPantryAfter

I love the idea of showing off silverware in vintage glasses. 

For step by step instructions and the inspiration behind that gorgeous blue paint selection, skip on over to the Eddie Ross site. Pssst...don't miss the new Eddie Ross etsy shop which features a collection of antique tabletop finds priced at $100 and under. It's updated every Wednesday.

14 comments:

Arlynn said...

I've been addicted to Eddie's blog since it's start and all I have ti say about it, is that Eddie creates such magic!

Just like this perfect butler's pantry re-do, I love his ideas on creating pillows out of vintage scarves, flower arranging, etc. etc. I could go on for days!

Julia said...

I love that blue with all his white dishes and silver! Ugh, how divine!

Mrs.French said...

oh goodness...this makes my heart skip a beat...perfect way to start a Monday...sigh...xo t

please sir said...

WOW - looks amazing and I LOVE his blue choice!

Melissa de la Fuente said...

ooh....this makes my heart skip a beat. That blue, those finds, the organization. I adore it and I adore this feature! Thank you for sharing my dear!
xoxo
Melis

simply seleta said...

I love seeing this pantry a second and third time. His work is fab and he's a bottomless pit of chic design ideas. S

xoxo
Seleta

Unknown said...

I LOVE this idea...LOVE.that blue is divine! I'd love to have an otherwise all-white room with the walls painted this robin's egg blue. so beautiful. I love this shelving too..so practical and easy!

Anonymous said...

Awww thank you so much for your sweet post!!
Eddie

tyler said...

brilliant. so divinely simple. i love the display and the blue! thanks so much for the link to eddie. perfect timing here as we update our abode.

and the little brown pen post below is just dreamy. paris in springtime...sigh.

knack said...

this is so wonderful!! Love all the silver with the blue... xo

Anonymous said...

the blue is perfection!! it looks almost like tiffany blue :)

Melissa of {craftgasm} said...

Thanks a lot for introducing me to Eddie Ross' blog, thus ensuring that I will accomplish nothing else at work today. ;)

shanon said...

Very nice! =)

Anonymous said...

he seriously has the best ideas!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin