Monday, February 9, 2009

{ makeover monday with GUEST BLOGGER: BARB BLAIR }



Hello everyone! Happy Monday to you! I just want to start out by saying how excited I am to be posting on this fantastic blog!! Thank you so much Suzanne for the honor!


I am the proud owner of my little knack studio in downtown Greenville , SC where I create custom pieces of furniture and home accessories . I totally love the creative process that happens from the moment I lay eyes on a piece. I immediately start visualizing colors, patterns, papers and hardware. I know ... big nerd! Anyway, once I have decided on a palette I'm off and running!




These two lovely ladies...buttercup and turquish delight ( get it ..turquish for turquoise .. man I'm so clever!!) ... are a couple of my favorites that I have finished in the past few weeks! You can see many more of my before and afters on my blog and if you have a hankering for giving one of your own beloved pieces a makeover, I've created a mini tutorial here. I hope you all enjoy!

15 comments:

blue moss said...

i love knack.....and barb.....
such great pieces

Jennifer Katherine said...

Now these.....are AMAZING! I love taking old stuff with charm and making it new!!!! I have one that I just redid. I should post about it :)

lejardengirl said...

most wonderful...yes it's an amazing process..so creative...you are not a nerd...and if you are, your the coolest nerd I met..

Alison said...

I would have never thoughts to paint that piece blue! It's gorgeous!

Mrs.French said...

such a wonderful surprise! I love seeing you here! I love everything you do...but you already knew that! xo t

knack said...

thank so much suzanne for having me......I enjoyed it, and thanks friends for the sweetness!

Suzanne : : S.HOPtalk said...

Barb,
What a treat to have you here for Makeover Monday. The pieces you selected to share are just amazing...you have such a magical touch! Thanks so much-you did a wonderful job!

Missing you all... :) xo ~Suzanne

Anonymous said...

Great job! These make such unique statement pieces in a home.

Katie Runnels said...

Barb turns everything she touches into gold! Someday I will own my very own B.B. piece!! xo

mayaluna said...

I love everything that Barb touches. Her before/afters always leave me inspired and ready to get out my paint brush. It's fun to see her here!

Julia said...

That blue chest is just INCREDIBLE!

Vana said...

it amazes me when people turn something that can be very well considered junk by many into an adorable piece of furniture. Such great feature. Thanks!

nichole said...

That blue chest is one of the coolest makeovers I've seen!

Unknown said...

I love seeing things like this. so inspiring! I have a piece at home that needs some help and tlc.

Geisslein said...

Ah - I love before and after-posts!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin