Tuesday, June 23, 2009

{ try-it tuesday: colorful photo clipboards }

DSC02454

I purchased these clipboards months ago and have been planning to create a photo wall with them since spotting
this photo in this post way back when. I considered painting the clipboards first, but never narrowed down a color nor did I seem to make the time to just do it. Instead, they sat in a bag cluttering up our closet. 

DSC02428


Then, the other day, I had an A-ha! moment upon spotting these adorable sets of scrapbook papers in Target's $1 bin {yes...12 sheets for $1}--perfect for adding a fun and colorful background for the photos I plan to display in my daughter's clubhouse. I was inspired and got to work immediately. If you'd like to try it yourself, here are some very simple instructions:


clipboards

Each 12 x 12 scrapbook sheet is large enough to create two mini clipboard size backgrounds. *I used double-sided tape to mount the paper because I wanted the ability to easily change out the background paper with the seasons. However, spray mount or modge podge would work well if you're looking for a more permanent and durable solution. Voila...you're done!

Coming later this week: An unveiling of the clipboard photo wall--stay tuned.

6 comments:

nichole said...

This is so cool! I have so much paper. A fetish, really. One beautiful use.

Thanks!

Melissa de la Fuente said...

I love this hun! Such a great idea( your little one is SO adorable...), just what I have been thinking about....where did you get your clipboards? :)
xo
Melis

Leigh said...

I love this idea. Found a few old clipboards and was going to include them in an upcoming yard sale, now I'm keeping 'em!

Michelle Schraudner said...

This is such a genius idea! I just may have to try this out soon.

Cindy said...

these are great and so do-able. i can't wait to see your photo wall. i need to reorganize our display.

simplesong said...

your little one is SO cute! great idea.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin