Thursday, November 20, 2008

{ these are a few... }

of my favorite things...

thanksd

I'm not hosting Thanksgiving this year...that's best left to the experts, aka my mom {Thanksgiving brunch} and my bro-in-law {Turkey Day dinner}.  Still, a girl can dream about what she'd like her Thanksgiving table to look like if she suddenly became the hostess with the mostess...
1. Rich Autumn colors as seen in these vintage ribbons
2. Candlelight accented by glass hurricanes and natural elements
3. Simple, print at home place cards
4. An eclectic mix of vintage turkey transferware 
5. Any piece of Frances Palmer's pottery would do {I especially love the aqua}
6. Parting gifts for the guests like these mini notecard sets from emmalynne
7. Natural table linens like this vintage inspired jaquard tablecloth

13 comments:

Cindy said...

everything looks so lovely together. i do like that aqua pottery, too.

Kasey said...

she SO lucked out with all that vintage seam binding..........
aaaaghhh.
love it.
k-

nichole said...

I'd love to be at your Thanksgiving table. I especially like the aqua addition as it pairs so nicely with the browns and oranges.

We always go to my husband's or my family's house for thanksgiving, so I've never set my own table either. Some day...

Anonymous said...

Ooo, the place cards are simple and nice!

Melissa de la Fuente said...

These are all such beautiful picks hun! I love each and every one and am inspired by it all! Thank you and I hope you get to host one day(if you want to) :)
xo
Melis

Mrs.French said...

do dirty dishes this way either...Frances Palmer's pottery is perfect...lovely all of it! xo t

Anastasia said...

lovely choices! dont know how you guys do it - first Halloween, then Thanksgiving and onto Christmas - ughhh! im struggling with Christmas!

dee said...

I'm not hosting dinner either. Maybe next year, when we have a dining room table and chairs. I do love your favorite things though:)

jae said...

I am hosting Thanksgiving. I love doing it. It is ironic though that the one person in the family that doesn't eat meat has to prepare it for everyone else??!! Don't really appreciate the tofurkey thing.

Julia said...

Look at all that ribbon :) I'm drooling!

Helene said...

I am never cooking Thanksgiving dinner because my sis-in-law declared it was not my holiday (not being American) so I make up for it at Christmas!! We do have a casual pre T-Day dinner with a couple of friends and that tablecloth would be perfect!

please sir said...

Lovely picks...the pottery looks very interesting!

perfect bound said...

ribbon makes me smile. i miss those warm autumn colors. here's wishing for more color in January.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin