Wednesday, November 26, 2008

{ 7 random things... }

Lovely Miss Cindy recently tagged me to describe 7 random things about myself. Since I'm just now getting around to it, and it being Thanksgiving and all, I thought I'd share 7 {very} random things for which I'm grateful.

flea markets, yard sales, craigslist
Nothing beats the thrill of the hunt. Some of my favorite jaunts have included a weekend girls trip to the Pasadena Rose Bowl flea market, the Alameda Point Collectibles and Antiques Fair, and the ultimate excursion to the Paris flea market.
Flowers from my garden by you.
a souvenir I picked up from the Paris flea market

volkswagen
The VW brand grabbed a hold of me early on and never let go. Perhaps it's because my parents brought me home from the hospital as a newborn in a VW beetle or the fond childhood memories I have from our ten week road trip across the United States in a VW bus. I've personally owned 2 jettas, a new beetle, and a pasaat. My ultimate dream car...the convertible bug of course.!

Volksie by BrianMills.
image: volksie by flickr fave brianmills

the flat iron
hands down, the best invention EVER. All you wavy/frizzy haired girls out there know what I'm talking about.

paint
I love the instant gratification of freshening up a piece of furniture or a room with a new coat of paint. My hubby jokes that he never knows what color rooms he's going to come back to upon returning home from a business trip.

pastel gray, pink, yellow, & green
image source: domino magazine

Old fashion soda shoppes
Sitting at the counter with my favorite scoop...sheer bliss.

Vic's by happyshooter.

San Francisco
I grew up visiting my grandparents in San Francisco and exploring this magical city many a weekends with my parents, who were both born and raised there. As amazing as my travels to Paris and Positano were, San Francisco will always have my heart and I'm so grateful to still live so close to it.

image by Thomas Hawk

this smile
Ok...this one is not so random, but I couldn't resist...Grateful doesn't even begin to describe my feelings for this smile {toothless and all!}. It greets me each and every morning and I can't imagine my life without it.

my baby by you.

I live a blessed life and have much for which I'm thankful and grateful. To those of you who know me, know me... {i hope} I've told you how much I love and appreciate you. And to my imaginary friends...thank you for stopping by and sharing a bit of your week with me. Your visits are truly appreciated. Wishing you all a wonderful Thanksgiving/pre-winter holiday weekend!!!

P.S. I'm truly grateful for this surprise. Wow...Thank you for your kind words sweet Holly!!!

15 comments:

karey m. said...

i thought it couldn't get any better after that lovely pic of your little sprite...how could it?!
what color are those eyes?! wow.

but i did giggle at the imaginary friends mention...see?! i'm right, aren't i?! we ARE all imaginary friends! xoxo and happy day tomorrow!

Suzanne : : S.HOPtalk said...

Karey...you coined the imaginary phrase and i couldn't resist borrowing it. ;) How cool would it be to all meet up and become real friends some day. happy, happy day to you too. xoxo ~Suzanne

paula said...

wait a minute did i write this? ha, we both have some random sameness. have a happy thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

Love the blog today and Congrats on the surprise! Well deserved praise...

...Steve

Melissa de la Fuente said...

Oh Suzanne! This is just wonderful! I love them and I think that your little one is just so beautiful and sweet!
Have a happy, happy thanksgiving my friend!
xo
Melis

blue moss said...

lovely...love the smile....happy thanksgiving

Helene said...

Loved to read your answet Suzanne! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Diane said...

What great answers .... and photos

Cindy said...

i love your list: flea markets, paint, old fashioned soda shoppes, and i hope next year, san fran. the story about the vw bus is so cute. and, your daughter is a beauty.

happy thanksgiving to you all!

Anastasia said...

wonderful selection of favourites - how adorable is your little girl, love the gappy smile - my boy lost 2 teeth and has 2 wiggling ones too! sweet!
Congrats on the real simple feature!

dee said...

You know why I loved this? Because we always get to see more of our fave bloggers from your great interviews, and this was a peek inside your own little brain! I am with you on the flatiron, fo sho, and that little smile would melt me too!

Unknown said...

I wanted to slow down today and wish my friends a very Happy Thanksgiving weekend.

Absolutely love the toothless smile. I just posted one of my own and a discussion about the Tooth Fairy.

mayaluna said...

What a wonderful, wonderful list! I love how you think. That photo of your smilin' gal is delightful! Lucky you! Congrats on your office fame... I loved it from the first moment you transformed it.

My favorite image above? My hometown. I grew up on the J Church streetcar line. I just love that old SF picture. As much as I love my country living, San Francisco will always have my heart, too!
xo
m

Julia said...

These were such charming little tidbits about you :)

Katie Runnels said...

I loved reading your list-wishing I could tag along with you to some flea markets!! Your daughter is precious and you are a remarkable woman! xoxo
You just gotta get that convertible!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin