Friday, August 15, 2008

{ a blurb about blurb }


Blurb

One of my goals this summer is to organize all of our vacation photos and actually do something meaningful with them, which is why I have Blurb on the brain these days. Have you discovered Blurb yet? If not, you're in for a treat.

Blurb is an amazing DIY publisher and online community that celebrates the joy of books and enables anyone to design and publish stunning, coffee table quality books–affordably. After researching several photo book options and DIY publishers, I used Blurb last year to create a wedding book for my brother and was beyond thrilled with the final result. 

Book Ideas

Aside from the extensive features and customization options available through Blurb's free BookSmart template program, my favorite feature on the site is the Bookstore. Here you can browse thousands of books created and published via Blurb and preview the first 15 pages of each book. Warning: This feature is extremely addictive!.
Oh...did I mention you can also opt to sell your book through Blurb?

For starters, check out these Blurb books (some of my faves). 
{Click on the links to see a preview of the first 15 pages in each book.}
I  spy
I spy {by Kerry Pitt-Hart of the awe inspiring LushBella}

That should keep you busy for a bit this weekend. :)
Much to catch up on...missing you all!
I'll be back Monday!

4 comments:

Julia said...

This is a marvelous idea and a remarkable resource! Now, you've got me thinking...

Have a wonderful weekend!

littlebyrd said...

I had not heard of this before now - it looks wonderful!! These would be great gifts or just a fabulous way to preserve memories. Thanks for writing about this.

Cindy said...

i love the book you did for your brother's wedding! i also really like i spy and might have to pick that one up.

i bought "d is for detail" by alison brookbanks, which is lovely.

see you monday!

Melissa de la Fuente said...

Ooh! Ooh! This looks like so much fun, I can't wait to check it out! Thanks for sharing Suzanne!
Have a wonderful weekend!~
xo
Melissa

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin