Friday, August 8, 2008

{ blog crush: tabitha emma }


il_430xN.24265779
i do like tea by tabitha emma
 
While sipping a cup of my favorite tea this morning, I decided to treat myself to a long, leisurely stroll through my latest blog crush, Tabitha Emma {see her over there in my side column}. I made some
sweet discoveries along the way that I thought I'd share with you...

tabitha
goodies from the tabitha emma shop

First stop was Tabitha's own
etsy shop. Inspired by childhood memories, this young and fun Sydney, Australia based artist has filled her shop with the most delightful illustrations, prints and textile works depicting her charming and whimsical designs of cupcakes, tea cups, and feathered friends. How about those darling tea cozies and coin purses...irresistible!
French Bird nest clutch
After falling head over heels for this french bird nest clutch, I discovered a post back on Tabitha's blog in which she describes the creative evolution of the piece, which I found utterly fascinating. Don't you just love it when artists share a behind the scenes peek into their creative process?

skyline by you.
images via Hennie Haworth

Next stop was the site of an amazing freelance illustrator based in London, Hennie Haworth, whose work was featured on Tabitha's blog. Her lively illustrative works are amazing–some of which are available for purchase here.

hhj by you.

hhf by you.
A light-hearted tribute to Bob Dylan perhaps?

I could go on and on about these
fun finds or this great shop, and most definitely her creations, all featured on Tabitha's blog. Alas, I must get on with the day. Do yourself a favor this weekend and steal a few moments to explore Tabitha Emma–this talented, emerging artist has a keen eye for great design and has some wonderful offerings awaiting your discovery.

BTW, Tabitha's mum is the very own, Wendy Paula Patterson, of
Mulberry Muse and Cafe Baudelaire–two of my etsy faves!

Thank you for each and every comment left this week. I appreciate your thoughtful and insightful feedback and love sharing my day with all of you.

Happy Friday...have a GREAT weekend!

8 comments:

Melissa de la Fuente said...

Oh, so lovely and sweet! What a great post...I cannot wait to go check out her blog and do a little lookin' around!
xo
Melissa

Melissa de la Fuente said...

oh, and just so you know...I think something might be off with the url for her blog, when you click on the link to the right it doesn't go through. :)
xo
Melissa

Suzanne : : S.HOPtalk said...

Thanks so much Melissa...I fixed it. Have a great weekend.

dee said...

First of all...that top print (or is it a watercolor?) is darling. And that Hennie Haworth is so intricate. I can't imagine how long it must've taken to create that!

Great post:)

littlebyrd said...

Going over there after this! I love the term blog crush - funny! Have a wonderful weekend.

please sir said...

Sounds like an amazing browse - thanks so much for sharing! Nothing like good tea and reading.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the wonderful write up on Tabitha's blog and for the reference to me , her Mum!

Mrs.French said...

I love new blog crushes...can't wait to check this one out! wheeeeeee!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin