Friday, May 2, 2008

{ warm weather style with wicker }




With the weather warming up, I'm ready to freshen up my rooms–out with the warm, cozy comforts of winter and in with the light and airy. Nothing says Spring and Summer to me like vintage wicker. I grew up with a set from my great grandmother that was passed down to my mom. It was freshened up every few years with new paint. I adore these pieces and their special history.

I thought I'd leave you today with some fresh Spring and Summer inspiration–incorporating wicker into the mix. You can often find pieces at tag and yard sales–refresh it with a fun paint color and voila...you have instant summer style.








{ images above: Country Home Magazine}







{images above: House Beautiful}



{ image above: Coastal Living }

I'm off on a short road trip to the SF Bay Area to visit family. I'll meet you back here Tuesday.

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!

5 comments:

Cindy said...

even though we live in the city, we have wicker pieces in almost every room. it's so light and airy. i love your finds. have a lovely weekend.

Melissa de la Fuente said...

I love these images and am fond of wicker too, I particularly love the very last one, in the lovely turq. dining room...yum! Have a wonderful trip and see you Monday!

Julia said...

I love these beauties! I can't wait to hear about the time away! Have a wonderful time on your trip :)

Mrs.French said...

Oh I so love wicker...I plan on going on a hunt when we move into a house with a lovely sunporch. Your examples are wonderful!

Suzanne : : S.HOPtalk said...

Thanks ladies...your comments brightened my day upon my return. So glad you liked the wicker. I can't wait to hunt for some this summer. ~suzanne

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin