Thursday, February 25, 2010

{ blog it forward: what inspires me? }

Today, I am thrilled to be participating in the Blog-it-Forward event. For those of you not already familiar with it, the lovely Victoria from SFGirl has coordinated over 300 bloggers to participate in a progressive blogging party of sorts in which we all share what inspires us personally. The idea is that readers will discover new and inspiring blogs along the way {I've already added many new favorites to my list}. So, without further adieu, I'd like to share but a few of the many things that inspire me...


Homes that tell a story
Family mementos, treasured collections and pieces with a past....my kind of dream home.



image via lola b

image via lola b

blogitforwardd
image via joanna goddard


Jamie Beck New York City Photographer - From Me To You - One man’s trash, another man’s treasure. When we found this retro drink cart out by the curb on 96th street I squealed with excitement. Not only did I get the hodgepodge of bottles out of the kitchen but it was a perfect place to set my jewelry box I’ve had since I was a little girl.
image via from me to you


Creating Memories
Road trips, days at the beach, and new discoveries...if forced to choose, I'd pick shared experiences over things any day of the week.

Simple joys


Outdoor Cafes
Whiling away the hours at an outdoor cafe is about as good as it gets. Those I experienced in Paris are my favorites, but just about any one will do.

blogitforwardg
image via From Me To You




and of course...the thrill of the hunt

IMG_4846


IMG_4849


Vintage chalkboard circa 1943


Flowers from my garden

{ a few of my favorite finds }

Click here to follow the Blog It Forward schedule and be sure to check out the other nine bloggers also participating today:

~ nectar & light
~ angiegoboom
~ cafe cartolina
~ pois rouge
~ design fixation
~ her sunday dress
~ the baker's daughter
~ lilac & ivy
~ victoria klein

Psst...don't miss Shutterly Lovely's blog-it-forward post tomorrow.

image sources: all images were taken by me unless otherwise noted.

9 comments:

Arcadia said...

my family is up in Sacramento too, i'm down in SF! what a lovely post, thanks for sharing today - i've been having fun visiting all these blogs every week. ciao!

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

What a brilliant idea! Love the images of inspiration you chose...so lovely!

simplesong said...

love this! and love all the inspiring images.

Em-Jae said...

absolutely lovely post...

AND, one of your pictures inspired my Fashion Friday blog today! thanks for the spark :)

Cindy said...

everything is wonderful, especially the art by your desk!

Sheri Reed said...

love this, suzanne!

cinzia bruschini said...

lovely
<3

Julia said...

What beautiful images--I love all these favorite things!

Melissa de la Fuente said...

Oh, I love your inspirations sweet Suzanne! Just beautiful....I am inspired by all of those things too and love your picks( and of course your beautiful personal shots)
xo
Melis

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin