Friday, October 9, 2009

{ art i heart: "missed connections" by sophie blackall }


I'm loving these illustrations by artist Sophie Blackall.

You Had a Guitar

Cursive


Each is inspired by a real life missed connection gleaned from posts on sites such as Craigslist. For the full story behind each work of art, be sure to stop by the delightful Missed Connections blog--scrumptious weekend reading.

P.S. Thank you to all of the readers (both new + old) who stopped by this week...I truly appreciate you taking the time to visit and share your lovely comments. For those of you new to S.HOPtalk, I look forward to getting to know you better! Have a wonderful weekend lovelies!

8 comments:

Tara said...

How cute! What a unique idea. I'm new to your site and love it. I have found several art pieces for my house here. Keep it up!

{ CopyStrands } said...

These are adorable, thanks for sharing!

melissa loves said...

These are so adorable and lovely.....beautiful colors, beautiful illustrations. Love!
xo
Melis

Kasey said...

love em.
xo

Valentina Harper said...

These are beautiful! the colors and the "sweet feeling" are amazing :)

Chelsey - The Paper Mama said...

What a sweet idea and beautiful artwork! Thanks so much for sharing!

-chelsey

Mrs.French said...

I used to think of "missed connections" as sort of silly, now I think of them as romantic...thank you so much for introducint me to ms. blackall and her magical illustrations...xo t

Monica said...

These are so great. What a fun concept for a series of work.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin