Thursday, September 25, 2008

{ reclaim :: repurpose :: refresh...the house on the hill }

I immediately fell in love with the vintage industrial, modern country vibe of this Grainville, Ohio house featured in the latest issue of Country Living magazine. 



Discovered as a dilapidated, "eclectic Tudor", old-house enthusiasts, Keith and Monique Keegan saw the home's potential and set out to give the home a fresh start--restoring it top to bottom. To jump start the transformation, the couple hosted a demolition party, {brilliant!} putting their talented and handy friends to work {including none other than the oh-so-talented Amy Butler}.  



The result is a stunning, one-of-a-kind home. A mix of old and new and an expert blending of clean lines, natural materials, and metals creates a modern aesthetic that is welcoming and relaxed.  


Monique has personalized the rooms with the vintage cubbies, cabinets, and containers she loves to collect. One of my favorite pieces is her studio worktable from the Packard factory--outfitted with a grocery-store paper and string dispenser. 


The style of the space is kept pared down and clutter free using repurposed storage pieces such as a typesetter's cabinet and tin bread molds (as seen on the lower shelf above).




Old metal egg and fishing baskets house simple, white towels. Don't you love the two vintage mirrors over the limestone counters and porcelain sinks?


The zinc storage pieces underneath the footboard in the master bedroom??? 
Vintage Popsicle molds {how cool is that?}

For more inspiration, check out these Quick links:
The House on the Hill article
A look at the home's "before"

16 comments:

Mrs.French said...

oh wow...I want it. I am sure that should be no problem...the owners would have no problem parting with it now that it is finished...gorgeous!

Melissa de la Fuente said...

Wow....so beautiful and so cohesive throughout.
Just beautiful!
xo
Melis

genuinelygreen said...

Sigh ... I never see these lovely homes on the market. So serene and lovely.

heather smith jones said...

I agree with Melissa. And I like the way they found a beautiful new use for the old cabinetry and utilitarian containers. It's a gorgeous home, I'm sure the owners are enjoying all their hard work!

Cindy said...

i agree with the other ladies, it is gorgeous. and, to count amy butler as your friend, and part of the team is pretty wonderful

Kasey said...

I SO want that house!!
k-

Robin said...

I miss having an old house, but we never had the money to do a proper re-do like this, so it was always needy, and I don't miss that. This is lovely and they did a beautiful job.

Learning Spanish at 41 said...

Very Pottery Barn but in a simpler fashion even. The pendant fixture and the anatomy chart are my fav pieces in the pics. Thanks for sharing this with us!

~tina

karey m. said...

oh my.

all that chunky furniture will be in my dreams for weeks! love this so much...

please sir said...

OH MY GOODNESS - this is SO my kind of style - I LOVE IT beyond words - ehhhhhhhh!!!! Best post ever!

Julia said...

I wish I could take a walk through such a warm, utilitarian like house. It feels so inviting! Yet, livable. You know how there are houses that are just so darn cute, but you couldn't relax in it? Well, I could LIVE in this house!

littlebyrd said...

Gorgeous! I love every detail!

paula said...

it's so lovely! i have a thing for wire baskets. i use them everywhere.

cassandra said...

i realllllly love the simplicity of that bedframe! (random i know) and the whole aesthetic reminds me of the shop i worked in in LA (empiric). those pieces are hard to find and completely amazing!

please sir said...

Just put this up as my interior lust - on the right hand side of my blog - I LOVE THIS INTERIOR SO MUCH!

Joslyn said...

LOVE THIS...stunning.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin